Provided by Sec. 26 of the LAPF Act, Established by Government Order made by Minister Effective date - 1st August 2010.
What is it
- Cash benefit paid to LAPF female member upon giving birth to a child.;
- It has been designed to complement the government cover under the Maternal
- Child Health hospital related costs made by NHIF to its members.
- It replaces part of income lost by virtue of the member giving birth ;
- Maternity benefit application form (LAPF/Ben. 3);
- Copy of notification of birth or birth certificate;
- Copy of bank identity card certified by the bank.
- Member must be female;
- Must have contributed to the Fund for 2 years;
- Must have given birth to a child.
- There must be a lapse of 3 years from the previous birth unless the baby passed away .
- Application must be done within 90 days after the date of giving birth.
Method of payment
- Direct payment to bank via EFT.
- Calculation of Maternity Benefit
- 40% of member’s weekly salary at the date of application for fourteen weeks.