The LAPF supreme governing body is the Board of Trustees that comprises of 7 members. The Board is established by the LAPF Act, Capt.407.
The Board shall be composed of:-
- A Chairman who shall be appointed by the President;
- A member representing the Ministry responsible for Local Government Authorities
- A member representing the Attorney General
- Two members representing the most representative employers’ Association
- A member representing employers association and
- A membersrepresenting the private sector appointed from amongst persons with knowledge and experience on matters relating to social security.
In running the day-to-day activities of the Fund the Board is assisted by a Director General who is appointed by the President and who also serves as a Secretary to the Board of Trustees. The Director General is responsible for organizing, planning, controlling and coordinating activities of the Fund in accordance with the policies, strategies, programmes, plans and guidelines established and approved by the Board.
LAPF Members of the Board of Trustees are:
- Prof. Faustine K. Bee - Chairman
- Dr. Rehema G. Kilonzo - Member
- Mr. Said A. Nzori - Member
- Mr. Suleiman A. Kikingo - Member
- Mr. Henry Katabwa - Member
- Mr. Cornelius K. Kariwa - Member
- Mr. Tumain P. Nyamhokya - Member
- Mr. Eliud B.Sanga - Secretary