Funeral Grant is a short term benefit provided in the LAPF Act and introduced by Ministerial order No. 262 of July 2010 to help meet certain funeral costs if a member dies.
FG is payable in case the deceased member.
- Had contributed to the Fund for at least 6 months;
- All contributions have been remitted to the Fund;
- Applicant is appointed by close relatives of the deceased;
- Application made within 60 days from the date of death;
- Application form (LAPF/BEN.4) ;
- Burial permit or death certificate;
- Minutes of the meeting of relatives appointing the applicant.
Note: Payments will be done at zone LAPF Zone Offices.
The Fund will pay TShs. 250,000/= in case of death of any of its members(LAS).